Re: Characters for CW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 02:37:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Chris Maddison writes:
Since I'll be handing the reigns back over to Shiri
when she gets back (this weekend!) I'll see what she has to say.

OK, well... I'm not back into everything full-swing, but here are a few basic
thoughts.

I saw some preliminary stuff that Dave E has been working on, and it looks
very good. On-the-fly generated (I think that's what you call 'em) lists of
items by category or balladeer... and... stuff. I'm no expert in HTML but IIRC
there was CGI involved (maybe Dave can explain this better).

Making and editing these pages manually is a Royal Pain (for lack of a better
term). I think Pawel shares this feeling, although he never told me that
directly (and anyway he's more fluent with HTML I s'pose), and I know Chris
shares it ;-)

What I'm getting at is that it would be easier to wait a bit until Dave gets
his automated site together, than to manually update these pages.

Is this acceptable? If anyone feels up to the challenge, feel free to offer
your asisstance ;-)

later,
-Shiri