Re: Isle of Mist, let's try again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:01:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jason Maxwell writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Leonard Hoffman writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Slavick Mikhaylov writes:
As it says in the title. Lets try again at the Isle of Mist project. There
is not much more I can say at the moment. Let me know what you think about
it, and where should we start with it.

I agree with our fearless co-curator here.  I think reviving IOM as it was is
not the best idea.  It involved too many people who are no longer willing or
able to participate.  At best, I think recreating the idea, like IOM2 or
whatever, would be the best way to go about doing it.  However, with Alex
(Aramir) currently developing CQ, I think it would be in bad taste to go
forward with a IOM2 project until after CQ has been unveiled.

I would like to see the IOM restarted myself, but I don't want it to
overshadow or compete with CQ.  I don't see why both couldn't happen though.
I know I'm more interested in the freestyle IOM than the more controlled CQ,
and I'm probably not alone in that.  Each has it's positives and negatives,
so there should be room enough for both of them.

well, CQ is only controlled to an extent. if you can get the points to build a
town, you are then gamemaster of it and also talemaker of it. (you can do
whatever you want with it, and if other people stay in it, you are the
gamemaster of everything they do.)

Aramir