Re: Pass the torch... Bring back the spirit...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:50:58 GMT

  Major Snipping
Craigo had what I STILL think
was a brilliant idea concerning the creation of the maps: he wanted to use
the various Lego animals as kinds of territories.  One might have a segment
of the map in the shape of a snake, or a bat,
or even a dragon shaped island

     I knew it...

    http://www.lugnet.com/castle/?n=12755

   More major snipping...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the thing: I still have all of Craigo's artwork and maps, and my own
version of the main webpages when I was going to take on the admin chores. I
can likely download all of the needed stuff I may not have seen from an
archived copy of CW somewhere. Chris would likely send me what he has and I
would be surprised if any previous admins would resist my offering to become
the admin of a more streamlined version of CW for the future.

So here's what I propose to do about it:

I will maintain a CW site that has links to Characters, Structures,
Creatures, and Balladeers.  I will also maintain a brief history page
containing some of the above (corrections of the history are INVITED).

I MAY create some loose maps based on Craigo's idea of the CW world maps --
in reality I am not sure they are needed at all. If we have them they will
likely serve as visual indicators of how certain balladeers are working
cooperatively, or in opposition to each other. Balladeers would be free to
be a part of the more comprehensive Castle World, or not -- as they choose.
Balladeers would be free to NOT be a part of any mapping scheme whatever,
making things up as they go along.  Balladeers could make up an alternate
castle world, or even worlds, of their own design. There is no official Isle
of Mist.  If you want it, you tell it.

Castle World will go forward  as a place to share castle-themed stories.
Creativity and freedom of expression are encouraged.  All are welcome to
join. All balladeers tell their stories as each sees fit to do so.  Whether
you want to roll the bones, consult the runes, use fiction writer's
software, use plume and parchment, "sing" solo or with others, game, or even
role-play -- it's all YOUR OWN call as to how you devise your stories.  If
balladeers wish to organize some kind of unifying narrative scheme (like the
Isle of Mists), they are free to work cooperatively amongst themselves.

What time is it on Castle World?  You decide.

What kinds of weapons or technology are available on Castle World?  Only you
can say.

Is there magic on Castle World? It remains unwritten.

The Old Man of the Mountain said, "Nothing is sacred, everything is
permitted." Let it be our motto.

Pawel is STILL the creator of Castle World.  Craigo is STILL the creator of
much the web artwork.  I will merely administrate a site that operates as a
hub for Castle World activity.

That's what I am offering to do.

Yea, or nay?

   Yea, YEA!!!

     Very kind. I will definetly be using CW (should it restart). I think CW
is necessary because that is the one thing Castle has on all other themes
here at Lugnet... Stories, good ones to. The toughest category to call in
Daniel's castle competion is best story. Though most of my entrys are
nobrainers as well(LOL).
    I would also like to see IOM come back but one step at a time...

-- Hop-Frog (a fool in charge of CW?  Didn't we know it would come to this?)

      Wamba rescued Cedric from Front-de-boeuf (Ivanhoe,forget the chapter)

        THANKS and God Bless,

             Nathan