Re: Brief IOM update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:59:00 GMT

<posted to lugnet.castle.org.cw>

In lugnet.castle, Dave Amos writes:
After making landfall, preperations began for a housing structure, and as of
right now, the last major pieces are being set in place.  It is an all stone
structure, and many hours were spent chipping chunks of limestone out of a
nearby cliffside.  The project will total to a little over two weeks.

Cool!  The first permanent structure (not to say that a cabin isn't permanent,
but stone is always more stable :)

REAL LIFE NEWS:  I am working on finishing a site for the Bricktanesians,
and that should be up by the end of the week/weekend.  It will have
pics/bios of all 17 of the current explorers, as well as pics of the new
housing structure and surrounding camp.  Hopefully by then I will have a
finalized name of the town.  Just thought Id show that I am still doing
something.  Stone buildings take time.  Should I wait longer to post it?  I
cant tell how "realistic" we want to be with timeframe.  Its a structure
slightly smaller than one of Adrian Drake's cabins.

First of all, I see that http://www.bricktannia.com is finally back up.  I
really
like your site, and I look forward to seeing what you have planned for us.  On
a side note - is your background done pixel-by-pixel?  It loads funny.  I'm not
sure what the cause is for that.

I have already taken a sneak-peek at the site, and I like what I see so far.
From the looks of it, there will be a lot of depth in your group.

Also, posting pictures of the progress is the way to go.  It's always
interesting to see the building progress from the mini-fig's perspective.
(or is that going too deep into a hobby? ... nah:)  Just make sure you post
it to the CW sub-group.  Then, when the product is finished, it belongs in
both groups.  I think.

Did that answer anything?  I think we will run into some grey area on where
certain posts belong, but that's life :)

-- Pawel

http://www.geocities.com/cw_isleofmist/