Re: Revamped Realm of Valkayria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:35:56 GMT

W<SNIP>
along with my story).  Okay, it's about 1:00 A.M. over here in Mountain
Standard Time, so I'll just give you the link and then go to bed.  So here
it is, the new Realm of Valkayria:

http://www.sofast.net/~raska/

Hey Wilson!

The "new" site looks great! Very well put together. I really enjoy a
site that is consistent throughout, as in each of the pages in a
section, or subsection, look similar to the others of that "type."
Ie:All your character pages and all your structure pages look similar.
One suggestion however (when you're done at the fair) is to add a "Back"
link at the bottom of each of the character and structure (etc.) pages,
rather than just the "Home" link you currently use. You may even
consider a "Next" link, to move to the next subsection, so that lazy
people like myself can scroll through everything in the site in one
sitting, devouring from page to page as is our want. Other than that, I
loved the site design and color schemes! Your page definitely does NOT
look like it was slammed together in a few minutes.

<Some cut and SNIP from your reply to Shiri>

each year's (except one (1)) LEGO competition since 1992, I finally asked
the judges if I could become the LEGO judge for the hobby building, and they
gave me the job.  So me and my dad built a big display case for my creation
only (since I'm now a judge, I figure I get special privelages ;-)  It's
been pretty cool working there, making the LEGO exibit better each year.  So
I'll share some pics with you guys when the fair is over so you can see for
yourself.

How cool is that? I grew up (here in California) showing cattle at all
the local fairs and expositions, and when I sold my string of Guernseys
my Sophomore year, I began working at the local fairs, in the entries
department. I've since (for the past seven years off an on) worked at a
number of fairs in many different departments hanging art exhibits, arts
& crafts, and in general setting up all the displays to showcase the
master-pieces (1) that people enter. IT's some of the least economically
rewarding, most fun work I've ever done. Nothing brings a group of
people together like the deadline of an approaching county fair and
getting all these disparate items put together in a display so that
everything can be seen and nothing clashes or looks too terrible. I look
forward to hearing about YOUR experiences, and seeing pics of the Lego
displays you set up.

--
Matt Brooks
"Wha-What about me?"

(1) Master-pieces-I use this term loosely. You would be AMAZED at some
of the junk people will put their name on and enter in the county fair.
Trying not to be to judgemental of some of the "artwork," and keeping in
mind that the piece you are trying to place is somebody's pride and joy,
can be a monumental task at times.