Re: Revamped Realm of Valkayria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:16:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
Hey Wilson-

Good deal. I like the new setup, the logo is impressive, and *mmm*, that
edited CW logo looks good.

Thanks!  I did do that logo back when we were coming up with CWSOTW, and
just added it to my site because I thought it looked appropriate.

Was that one of those you made back when we were trying to do the
CW-story-of-the-week thing, or is it new? I can't remember.
Geocities doesn't give anywhere near enough space for pics, dontcha think?

I don't think, or maybe I should say that I do think ;-).  I don't have a
Geocities account, but my server (sofast) allows 10 megs of space, which I
think is pretty reasonable, considering I'm getting it for free.

As for fixing errors and such - that really gives everything a better,
finished look. It shows more effort put into it than a story w/mistakes,
IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing people who make mistakes (only
Larry doesn't make those!), but I think it shows respect to the visitor and
doesn't make them feel like the page was just slammed together in a few >minutes.

Right, that's what I have always thought when designing my site.  I didn't
want it to look like it had been slammed together.  And especially with my
story, which is probably what I take pride in the most out of everything on
my site.  As I explained on my stories page, I will eventually make more
stories to fill in the gaps left in my existing story, so it will eventually
be a *nearly*-seamless storyline.

1) I'll post pictures after the fair that will explain why I had to revamp
my site.

So hey, is it true that you're the judge of all lego things in Montana's
state fair? I heard some'n like that at the fest...

Ya, all the people in Montana, me and the other guy (right Tim? :-).
Actually, there are quite a few entries in the LEGO division but mostly by
younger kids.  The LEGO displays are in the same building as all the Models
and things.  The local model club runs the hobby building at the fair, and
the LEGO exibit was kind of an afterthought.  So after entering a MOC in
each year's (except one (1)) LEGO competition since 1992, I finally asked
the judges if I could become the LEGO judge for the hobby building, and they
gave me the job.  So me and my dad built a big display case for my creation
only (since I'm now a judge, I figure I get special privelages ;-)  It's
been pretty cool working there, making the LEGO exibit better each year.  So
I'll share some pics with you guys when the fair is over so you can see for
yourself.

Wilson

(1)  I was sick in the hospital in 1996 so I wasn't able to enter anything :-(