 Castle / Castle Organizations / 100
99  |  101
Subject:
Airships and giant mushrooms...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:13:25 GMT

Hey gang, I just put up some pics of some of my creations at
My sister took the pictures this past Thanksgiving without me knowing and
surprised me today with the photos.  I was able to scan them and get them up
after a having to coax my old scanner to work with the new computer...
blarg. =)  As soon as I'm able, I'll get better pics... honest... =)

The airship goes by the name of "The Old 57" and it's piloted by Captain
Heinz.  It's a 'working' airship in that I can have a 9v Technic motor
attached to the bottom that makes the 4 top propellers spin and it drives
the pistons and the propellers in back (but you really can't tell from these
pics).  The piston assembly is lifted straight out of set #8860 (
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8860 ).  Dan Boger has an mpeg of it in motion
at http://www.peeron.com/pics/Aug19/ if you go down to the bottom of the
page and follow the 'flying ship' link.

The large white mushroom castle is 14 inches tall and has 2 main floors.
The first floor has the kitchen, study, dining hall and throne room pretty
much all crammed into a small space with a spiral staircase leading up to
the king's (very spartan) bedroom/loft that overlooks the throne (the
balcony has arches in it from side to side but it's impossible to see in the
pics).  The second floor is removable just like the tops of all my other
mushroom houses.

My mushroom village is coming together slowly but surely, one day it will be
a thriving community. =)

~Nathan
www.castle-world.org