 Castle / Ninja / 261
260  |  262
Subject:
Lego of the Five Rings Battlescene
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:34:51 GMT

Hi everyone,

After playing around a bit with my samurai and ninja figures, I decide to
make a battlescene set in the "Legend of the 5 Rings" universe.  You can
find it here at : http://www.lugnet.com/~996/Lego5R/Battle01

Now for those who don't know the universe, here's a small summary:
- The Empire has 7 Great Clans, of which the Scorpion (=the red samurai) and
the Crab (=the blue samurai) are two of them.  Because I don't have colours
to make up samurai of the other clans, I simply started of with these two.
- The Crab Clan's duty is to guard the Empire against the forces of the
Shadowlands (which are full of oni, goblins, undead and other unpleasantness).
- The Scorpion Clan specializes in secrets and lies (they do basically the
'bad things the Emperor has to do', and therefore they wear masks; they also
have a strong ties with the Ninja.
- The Great Clans are most of the time at war against each other, so this is
a simple skirmish between two Great Clans.
- When a person gets killed in the Shadowlands, or by Shadowlands forces,
they may come back as Shadowlands forces themselves.  That why you might
even notice a zombie in the battlescene still in full Scorpion outfit.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Carl