 Castle / Ninja / 253
Re: Himeji Castle Full Central Complex MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:09:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
It's been a long time coming but the Himeji full central complex is done !
Himeji-jo is the most beautiful castle in Japan and I hope I have done
it some justice.

The pics are at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7332

Details are:
- castle has 5 sections.  Previously posted the 2 dai-tenshu-kaku sections
but this includes the 3 other sho-tenshu-kaku and yaguras
- the dai-tenshu-kaku has a new audience chamber with tatami floor.
- there is now ishio-toshi on every corner.  They are chute shaped
loopholes to funnel dropped rocks and to allow shooting of arrows downwards.
- the connecting yaguras and sho-tenshu-kaku has interiors but historically
they were used mostly as storage and backup water supply.  There are 15
wells located throughout the real Himeji complex & grounds.
- there are 76 ninja rock slopes (panel 4x6x6 w rock pattern) and that means
about 8 FNFs (ouch !)
- the dimensions are 90 studs by 86 studs.
Thanks for looking and LMKWYT !  The full castle will be on display Oct 5,6,7
at the H&R Train show in St. Petersburg, FL. this weekend along with the
Himeji City Train station and my Series 100 bullet train MOC.  More pics later.

KK Quah

PS
Previous pics of Dai-tenshu-kaku only are at

   WOW   that is about all I can say. You did a great job.
                        --Kevin W. §