 Castle / Ninja / 229
Re: Japanese Sashimono (battle flags) + Ninja Chess Upgrade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:10:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Joel Hart writes:

--- Kung-Khoon Quah <kquah1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
I was able to produce my own "sashimono" which are
battle flags worn by ashigaru (common soldiers) on
their backs and horsemen during battles.
The link to my webpage is
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/kkqwebpage

Here is my sugestion.  Do the battle in super microfig
scale, using 1x2, 1x4, 1x6 tiles or plates to represent
each side.  The book should have pictures of the terrain so
model that out on a couple of baseplates. We called them
sandboxes in the Army.  Then use flags to number important
sites on the battlefield, then have the number correspond
to a blown up diorama.

Joel,
   That is a great suggestion !!  I had thought of making a
very large microfig battlefield but even having 1 minifg to
represent every 1000, that's a total of 170 minifigs.  Ouch !
But with the super microfig scale and doing diorama scenes,
I could probably get away with less but still do a good job
of it.  Also, I can probably make multiple battlefield
sandboxes for different phases of the battle.
   I can already visualize the post battle diorama with
all the daimyos sitting around the Tokugawa curtain wall
and viewing the heads of opponents.  Good deal !
KK