 Castle / Ninja / 124
Re: Thoughts on "nobowari"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 01:20:54 GMT

I guess this is really sort of a classic building problem, but I figured
I'd ask here and get y'all's opinions.  I'm going to re-do my gatehouse
and have sketched out some plans, but would like to get a bit more
detailed in the plans to consider the parts I actually have.  I have the
baseplates figured, but I'm trying to lay out plans for walls and
fences.  Do you genererally just use same size pieces, sketch things out
on graph paper or use something like ldraw/whatever?

Up to now I have had a very low tech approach because I did not learn MLcad
until 3 weeks ago.  So ... I usually start off with an inspiration picture
like I did for Kumamoto-jo or a self drawn sketch like for my Great Wall of
China diorama.  Then I look at baseplates and lay out the foundation to get
the overall feel of the base of the structure.  Then I build up from there.
I usually do not have a fully graphed out plan at all and use judgement as I
build each level and compare to the original picture or visualization.  A
lot of times I will build a level/tier then tear it down and restart to get
the look and feel correct.
That's it.  The only thing I do plan is specific features.  For example, I
will plan on having the stone throwing windows, grill slit windows, etc.
Hope this helps but I get the feeling its different for everyone.  Some
sturcture helps but a lot is "art" and "feel".
KK