 Castle / Ninja / 107
    Lost Empire? —John Robert-Blaze Kanehl
   By and large, TV in the U.S. doesn't feature much source material for my Asian/Ninja theme creations, but occasionally there are glimmers of hope... While jogging around the wasteland of TV, I saw an advertisement for a movie on NBC (U.S. TV (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja)

        Re: Lost Empire? —Marc Nelson, Jr.
     (...) I think it's based on a Marian (sp?) Zimmer Bradley book. The only fantasy I've even read is Tolkien, so I don't know else much about it. She's pretty popular, though; when I worked in a bookstore, I got a lot of questions about her, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja)

         was Re: Lost Empire? now Kurosawa westerns —Chris Barker
     (...) These three are basically the same movie: title Yojimbo A Fistfull of Dollars Last Man Standing dir Akira Kurosawa Sergio Leone Walter Hill star Toshiro Mifune Clint Eastwood Bruce Willis Yojimbo is an absolute classic, Fistfull is darn good (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja)

         Re: was Re: Lost Empire? now Kurosawa westerns —Marc Nelson, Jr.
     (...) A Fistfull of Dollars Last Man Standing (...) Akira Kurosawa Sergio Leone Walter Hill (...) Toshiro Mifune Clint Eastwood Bruce Willis (...) Thanks for the title of the Kurosawa film. You're right about Last Man Standing. It's only redeeming (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja)

        Re: Lost Empire? —Chris Barker
   (...) 1954 to be exact ^_^ Sam Peckinpah, director of "The Wild Bunch", once said "I want to be able to make Westerns like Kurosawa makes Westerns." from (URL) can't reccommend Seven Samurai strongly enough. That is probably the most watched DVD I (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja)