 Castle / Ninja / 109
Re: Lost Empire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:26:24 GMT

John Robert-Blaze Kanehl wrote:
Set your VCR...
Incidently, Kurasawa's 7 Samurai is on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) on Monday
from 4:30 - 8:00PM.  It's been a long time since I have seen this movie, but
I am looking forward to it.  This movie was made in the 50's I believe, and
has been remade into numerous westerns and TV shows.

                      John

1954 to be exact ^_^

Sam Peckinpah, director of "The Wild Bunch", once said "I want to be
able to make Westerns like Kurosawa makes Westerns."
from http://us.imdb.com/Bio?Peckinpah,+Sam

I can't reccommend Seven Samurai strongly enough.  That is probably the
most watched DVD I own.

Chris Barker
chris@superfami.com