 Castle / 9866
Re: Factions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:01:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Arthur Jackson Aringdale writes:
Classic LEGOLAND, Yellow Castle: They seem good, but it is hard to tell,
since so few of their once thriving kingdom survived the Dark Ages.
the chinchilla

I really like what you wrote about the Classic LEGOLAND faction.
I love hearin’ people’s interpretations of the various parties.

I too see the Classic LEGOLAND faction as a once famed Camelot that’s faded
into the distopic reality of the present Dark Ages. A Kingdom whose rule was
never questioned until the winds of change altered their fate…

I think I see the Yellow period as not included in the saga of castle,
reasons being that only a few sets were released, a few years of nothing
passed between that period and the next releases of castle, and the fact
that none of the yellow/procession figures or insignia ever appeared later.

This is fun!  I have been an avid Castle collector on and off for 21 years,
so here is my take on the various groups.

Classic castle--the forefathers, the most revered and experienced of all the
knight groups.  The purple crown insignia is the forerunner to the Lion
crest that reoccurs again and again.  The keepers of Justice.  The black,
red and white nights are visitors from faraway kingdoms.

Legoland Castle Lions (later Crusaders) and Black Falcons--Lions are the
royals, Falcons are like a Baronney or Dukedom.  They are often opposed, but
sometimes unite against a common foe.  The King of the Lions is the cousin
of the grey visored leader of the yellow castle.

Black Knights--bad guys, the Black Monarch is another noble in the Kingdom
of the Lion King, albeit stronger and better equipped than the Black Falcon.
If the Black Knights would unite with the Black Falcons, they could defeat
the Lion King, but they are bitter enemies to each other most of the time.
Black Knights are totally unrelated to the DM.

Wolf pack--highwayman, bandits, cutpurses, and thieves.  Would never face
the Black Knights, Crusaders or Black Falcons in open battle.

Forestman--like Robin Hoods, only usually allied with the Lion King.
Peasants and Forestmen make up the militia, and fight for the King in times
of extreme duress.  Occasionally opposed to the Lion King, depending on the
particular political circumstances.

DM--invaders from the east.  Extremely powerful with their dragons and magic
spells.  The greatest threat to the heroic Lion Kingdom.

Royal Knights/Knights Kingdom--additional cousins, totally loyal, to the
Lion King.

Bulls--also invaders from the east, almost like Mongols.  Nomadic, warlike,
very gifted with technology and seige weapons.

Fright Knights--I only have the Batlord because he came with a black Dragon.
I didn't like these too much, but after seeing how some people used them on
Brickshelf and CW and such, I wouldn't mind having a few.