 Castle / 9863
Re: Factions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:39:12 GMT

I think the main reason I classify them as good vs. evil is that it is far
more interesting to me.  If I'm going to build large sites, and have actions
performed by my figures, and possibly wirte a story around it, good vs. evil
brings up more action in my mind.  Opens the door for epic battles, heroic
actions, etc.

In a fantasy world where everyone just gets along sounds VERY boring to
me...  That's why it's fantasy.  It lets you PRETEND and have fun.  Nothing
more than that.  It's not a social commentary.

Eric

Something about this cut-and-dry evil vs. good thing bothers me. Maybe it's
just the way I'm remembering it, but it seems to me back in the Black
Falcon/Crusader days, neither faction was portrayed as good or evil, leaving
interpretation open to the real-world where it's never quite so simple and
good or evil depends who's side you're on or who wrote the textbooks...