 Castle / 9779
Re: Evidence of new LEGO CASTLE sets on the way???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 07:53:54 GMT

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 05:11:38 GMT, "James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk>
wrote:

OK so I went to legoland Windsor today and this is what I saw (the image is
fresh out of my digital camera so its about 250k ish)
http://www.minifig.co.uk/images/temp/dcp_0566.jpg

this was sitting along side the Royal Knights Lion Shield and the bulls
shield
( http://www.minifig.co.uk/images/temp/dcp_0567.jpg )
( http://www.minifig.co.uk/images/temp/dcp_0568.jpg )

its labeled 'castle shield - Eagle' as you can see at the bottom of the
image. The other 2 shields are the same shape and pattern as existing
minifig shields and I think last year when I was there they had wolfpack
ones too.

OK for a start novelties from Legoland dont tie in with current releases
(they still sell pirate stuff and the royal lion shield is a few years outta
date now) so why cant some products arrive before the sets but where does
this fit in then.

a. its a shield with a heraldic pattern we havent seen
b. its round indicating a new round shield may be on the way
c. it follows then maybe castle isnt out of the window

I asked them in the shop but got blank looks (on further enquirey they hadnt
even heard HP LEGO was on the way)

am I barking up the wrong tree here, has anyone seen anything like this

thoughts please

James

I have had the sword that has the Eagle on one side and the Bull
symbol on the other side since last summer.  Saw the shield then too,
no one has mentioned the crown/helm I've seen at the MN LIC either.
They also have a sheath and a knife/dagger that's Adventurer themed
(iirc) I have it on the wall upstairs but too lazy to go up there atm
(to double check).

Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)