 Castle / 9427
  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

Hmmm, interesting, Yep I buy a set for the Pcs. When I built my Praying Mantis I brought tons of Castle sets. I have'nt purchased a set and built the featured Model in years. I belive the last one was the Technic controll center with the Mechanical (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) That's because people are trying to redefine the term collector and it's confusing people. You might consider yourself a Lego "builder" but to 99.9% of the world, you are a Lego collector. If someone plays with Hot Wheels, I would call him a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) My girlfriend calls us all "LEGO nerds". -Marc Nelson Jr. (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) But you are missing the point that it is the manufacturers THEMSELVES who are doing this...the very moment that the word 'collectable' is slapped on something, it automaically ISN'T, ya' know? LEGO is now guilty of jumping on the bandwagon, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

Yes, I am a collector, I guess there is no way around it. I call myself a builder. I gotta say, their are folks out there that just buy a set and either build it and place it on a shelf or save the unopened box, these guys are not builders. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) My sentiments exactly. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)