 Castle / 919
Re: HELP - Yellow brick castles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Gary R. Istok writes:

Nephilim wrote:

?
I remember looking enviously at the Bill and Mary idea book and
being upset that the yellow castle stuff wasn't available in the US.
I felt so disappointed.  I was so entranced by them.  That bitter
pang is probably still there inside, prompting me to buy modern
castle sets still.  =)

I've got good news/bad news.

The good news is that the Yellow Castle WAS available in the USA in 1981. • 6075
was the USA set number, while 375 was the European set number.  Check the • LUGNET
database:

The bad news is that I cornered the market on them in 1984 on clearance at • KMART
in 1984 for only $24.99 each (originally $40).  Sorry about that.  (Actually I
only cornered the metro-Detroit market.)

Heh.

Yes, I realize that the yellow castle WAS eventually released in
the US.  But it was released in Europe in 1978, so there was a period
2-3 years during which castle  sets were available in Europe but not
the US.  I guess I went into my dark ages between those times.

You know, if LEGO would make the set again, perhaps put the bricks in
grey or dark gray rather than yellow, replacing the minifigs
shields, helms, and armor with elements currently in production, it
would make such a good castle set.  It's so pretty.  Sigh.

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"