 Castle / 918
Re: Please help me to identify
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:16:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Leroy Pang writes:
Guys please help me identify this brick and may I know
where can I get them • <snipped stuff>

Leroy, do you have a website somewhere that you can put up a picture?  The
reason being that Lugnet is a news-only news server - ie, no pictures.

If you don't, you're welcome to e-mail me the gif (as a file attachment,
please), and I'll take a look at it, and if I can't figure it out, I'll post
it to my website, and let others ponder.

Leroy took me up on that, and e-mailed me the gif, my reply is below:

Ah.  What you are looking for is frequently called a "1x4/2x2 hinge brick".
They're not exactly rare, but they aren't very common anymore, either.

Your best bet for finding these online right now is probably Jon Kozan's site,
where he has 48 (in grey, which I'm assuming is the color you're looking for),
although he calls them "1x2 grey corner loop" and "1x2 grey corner plug".  His
prices are sometimes high, but his service is great.  You can find it at:

   http://home.att.net/~baylit/index.html

Your other option is to call Lego S@H  (assuming you're in the States or
Canada) and order service pack 5615, which has two of those hinges in grey, as
well as several other hinges.  You can see a picture at:

  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=5165

Hope that helps!

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/