 Castle / 9138
Re: Yet Another torso sticker question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 22:04:35 GMT

Jason,

A dot what?!?

Seriously though...you mean inkjet, right? Depending on the age of your
printer you may not be getting a resolution sharp enough to look good at
minifig scale (probably not more than 360x360dpi)

If you are happy with your file, my suggestion would be to 'n'-up the design
to fit as many as you can onto an 8.5x11" sheet of paper in Illustrator (or
make lots of designs-it'll be better in the long run), put the file on disk
and take it to your local Kinko's. They will have a color laser printer
(with 2400dpi resolution) in their self-serve section. Buy a sheet of 1-up
label stock from them, and rent a computer (you'll be quick, so it'll be
cheap). Load the label stock into the bypass tray for the color printer,
open your file in Illustrator, set to print and send it. Log out of the
computer (If you are quick enough, you shouldn't even be charged for the
computer time). Now, use an X-acto with a new blade and cut out the design,
ready to be applied to your fig. Total cost to you should be about $2 for as
many figures as you were able to put on one sheet.

Hope that helps,

Matt

In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
Okay. So i used my Adobe Illustrator to make torso stickers, which i shrunk
down to actual size of the lego minifig torso. I then printed it out, to
find that all detail was lost forever within the baren halls of the dot
matrix printer. I pereservered, hoping the spotted designs would look
somewhat oksy from a distance, and glued the suckers on the a minifig. And
guess what? Still looks like crap. So here's my question. I saw the minifig
on mookies latest creation (great thing by the way!) and saw the quality at
which the sticker came out. How was this done? Do you have a laser printer
that can print clean crisp stickers? What do I do to solve this problem?
Please help a brother out! LoL
Catch you cats later!
-the Rascal King