 Castle / 9004
    Re: A Knights Tale (Trebuchets) —James Stacey
   Theyv'e got a trebuchet in the grounds of Caerphilly Castle, down the road from my house (along with a ballista (Arbalist) and Mangonel) They fire it into the moat and the shockwave from the stones kills lots of fish I dont think you'd get a heavy (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: A Knights Tale (Trebuchets) —Jeff Stembel
     (...) The boat weights should suffice for a fixed weight trebuchet, that is how I plan to do it. Mookie will prolly finish hers before I finish mine, since I have a lot on my plate at the moment. :\ Jeff (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: A Knights Tale (Trebuchets) —Kung-Khoon Quah
     (...) Great minds think alike. I got the yen to build a castle scale trebuchet and finished it about 3 weeks ago. Took just 4 hours to build, but then took another week trying out all the variables to "optimize" the treb. One thing though, I did (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: A Knights Tale (Trebuchets) —Richard Noeckel
   About 5 months ago we had this entire discussion. I believe it was Anthony Sava who was nice enough to provide the PBS NOVA website: Here it is… all about Trebs and the medieval period. (URL) --==Richard==-- (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.castle)