 Castle / 9004
Re: A Knights Tale (Trebuchets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 08:08:58 GMT

Theyv'e got a trebuchet in the grounds of Caerphilly Castle, down the road
from my house (along with a ballista (Arbalist) and Mangonel)
They fire it into the moat and the shockwave from the stones kills lots of
fish

I dont think you'd get a heavy emough weight from LEGO without making it too
heavy unless you encase a ballbaring or something in there.

"Mookie" <Mookie1@telocity.com> wrote in message
Ok.. I'll try to go see it... and as long as you mentioned it...

Has anyone built a working Trebuchet out of lego, in Castle scale... not
large scale..
I'm going to attempt it this weekend, though I'm just wondering if there
are any pics out there to base it on...
I saw Nova the other night and they were building real sized ones and
trying to destroy a small wall built in the early ages style, it was
very interesting!
I'm somewhat pumped on building one now!

Tamy

Greg Howell wrote:

Okay Castle junkies,

If you have a chance to go and see a movie, I recommend this one. • Knights
Tale is witty, silly and absolutly entertaining. It has given me some • great
ideas for castle construction and stories also.
I will soon be posting pics of a building I designed having been • inspired by
this flick.

Seriously, it's good, go see it. It will be the sleeper of the year. • Just
don't expect to see Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, it way better than • that.

This post will stand up to any trebuchet attack!

GREG~