 Castle / 875
  Re: Castle structure advice...

I'd go with the hinges. It's always an impressive engineering feat, and that way you really have *two* castles -- an 360-degree viewable castle for display (in unopened position), and a double-big cut-away castle to show off the interior. Better (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Someone mentioned Technic pins, which I think is the best way to go for large modular constructions--could you build it in six or seven vertically-integrated sections that then link together with Technic pins? That way you could pull it apart (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) vertically-integrated (...) it (...) organic (...) My new castle is using the Technic pins, it has six modules. The size of the foundation, which is 13 bricks high, 2 burps high all around, is 4.5x4.5 baseplates (144x144 studs). There are 3 (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)