 Castle / 8733
  Re: shields

(...) I used to use the tap to fix my round shields I have four that were broken when I was young. I just flipped the shield around and attached the tap to the stud on the shield. I now have taps glued to the backs of all my broken shields. John (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: shields

(...) Excellent ideas with the taps; I hadn't thought of that. I think I prefer the shaft method if only because it holds the shield closer to the hand. Now I have to think about all the other "taps as handles" applications. My latest implement of (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: shields (Fright Knight Fans, please don't read)

I won an auction with a ton of Yellow Castle, Knight's Tournament, round shield and a few others with broken shields a while back and ordered a bunch of the Fight KNight packs (before I knew about Brickbay). What followed was an unholy massacre of (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: shields

Ive used taps as well to mend shields. They do tend to sit a bit far away from the minifig's body though. Looks fine if you use them as ornamental shields James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk "John Carroll" <johnc@digitalacropolis.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: shields (Fright Knight Fans, please don't read)

(...) I grind the graphics off FK shields and paint them. Cannibalizing them for parts is another good idea. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

I have sooo many fright knight shields. Fortunatey I also have a tin of brasso and acrylic paint. Glad Im not the only one. I feel better about it now :) James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk "James Aldrich" <jaldrich@greenbaynet.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: shields (Fright Knight Fans, please don't read)

Heretics, all of you! None shall compromise the sanctity of Lego, what you did was wrong. (Is that what you expected to hear? Well you’ll get no plight from me. I customize ALL the time; everything I have is ‘customized!’ Whether it painted, (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: shields (Fright Knight Fans, please don't read)

i used to take fright knight and royal knight shields and just put decals on them. i designed a sticker identical to the triangular blue dragon shield but altered the colors to make it a green dragon shield it looks pretty cool. also that faucet (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.castle)