 Castle / 8098
    Re: [ot] Map Making Software —Frank Filz
   (...) If you had said Windows I would have directed you to Campaign Cartographer. That might still be a good choice if you have a Windows emulator. I have used draw packages before. Illustrator would probably do a fine job. (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: [ot] Map Making Software —Nathan McDowell
   (...) What's Campaign Cartographer? I haven't heard of it before and I'm a little interested in seeing what it is. Thanks, ~Nathan =) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: [ot] Map Making Software —Amy Hughes
     (...) Find it here... (URL) a map drawing program written for role playing gamers. It's been around for years. Do a web search for it and you'll see tons of stuff written about it. Amy (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: [ot] Map Making Software —Mike Timm
     (...) Campaign Cartographer is a map making program that was designed for use with role playing games, such as Dungeons and Dragons and the like. I don't have a link handy though. Mike (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: [ot] Map Making Software —James Stacey
   I used CC years ago. I don't know if theyv'e improved the interface but I found it very difficult to use and bet a satisfactory result (this was a dos based version, theyv'e gone windows now for all I know) Iv'e resorted to photoshop now for maps I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: [ot] Map Making Software —Kyle Peterson
   CC is an excellent tool. They've done a lot to improve the interface. I use it quite a bit and think the results are outstanding, especially with the City Designer plug in. I wish they could do a little better on the prices though. -Kyle (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: [ot] Map Making Software —Frank Filz
   (...) Yes, I think it is improved. It's also Windows 95 based now. It does have some powerful features since it uses a real CAD engine as it's core (I forget what the CAD engine is, but it's normally a $500 product or so). One nice thing about it (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)