 Castle / 7974
Re: Great Wall of China - Reprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 05:36:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Christopher Pisciotti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Chris Gray writes:

Looks good to me. Its nice to have the space to put something big like
that! The battle scenes look great, as does the overall view. Now you
just need to fill that back space with something of similar scale! :-)

I really like the micro scale village in the background. It creates a depth
that really isn't there. I think it was a very creative addition. I like
everything I've seen of KK's creations thus far. Great job! Keep up the
excellent work!

Seconded. That forced perspective thing is an old Model Railroading trick
and it's awesome to see it used here. Only problem, of course, is that the
tracks interfere with the forcing, as (since they stay in foreground scale
for quite a ways back toward the back) they interfere with the gentle
gradient your minds eye is trying to construct.

Masterful blending of Castle and Trains.

Hmm... maybe all themes OTHER THAN Castle are just spare parts for Trains. :-)

++Lar