 Castle / 7971
7970  |  7972
Subject:
Great Wall of China - Reprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 03:25:49 GMT

At the recent Snowball Express Train Show over the weekend, I was finally
able to put together my full vision of the Great Wall of China with enough
place to display it all.  This is the Great Wall Component System with all
the extra decorations to make it a full diorama.
The pics are at  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3527

The new items are the 3 inspiration pics that my brother K.C. Quah took
when he was at the Great Wall in Feb 2000 which was my model for the
mountain beacon tower and beacon towers.
Also new are the small lake with the fishermen in the background and the
microfig scale chinese village and the desert skeletons.
The battle scene is slightly different from the original battle between the
Qin chinese and the invading Xiong Nu bandits with a dozen more men and what
I think is better dioramic placement.  And the bamboo thicket is thicker
than ever.  LMKWYT !!  Hope you like it.
KK