 Castle / 775 (+20)
  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) James (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) TLC seem to have theme-concurrency mania. IE. They'd never release the types of stand-alone figures that Playmobil do, because they wouldn't 'fit' into any particular theme. Forget that the point is to play and that having an out-of-theme (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Richard Franks (<FLqwHC.3Hy@lugnet.com>) wrote at 08:48:48 (...) Just to get those warning bells jangling, several TRUs round me don't have a full LEGO aisle any more. Part of the space is now taken up by an expanded Playmobil (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I didn't have any Playmobil toys. They may have been out of our family's price range when I was young enough to be the intended Playmobil target audience, but when I was that young, I was much more interested in playing with toy dinosaurs than (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) And I remember why I never put a web page up with my own castle creations ... they just don't compare. However, I see plenty of wonderful building methods I plan to crib demonstrated here. Thanks =) Wonderful stuff, Daniel. (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

I hope you recover soon and post more pics!!! I noticed in your Inn something somewhat close to what I've been thinking of doing and I wasn't sure how it would look, now I'm definately going to try it on what I am going to start building this (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) so he could (...) If my memory serves me correctly, there was a thread about using Playmobil (and other) motors on lego floating boats on rec.toys.lego (or maybe even alt.toys.lego) a long time ago. (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) thousands (...) I can't find any place that carries Playmobil anymore. Toys R Us hasn't in at least a decade. (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) That's funny. Playmobil is carried everywhere here (Miami). There is a a Playmobil department at my local TRU across from LEGOs. Ditto at all my local Targets, which sell Playmobil next to the LEGOs. There is also the Playmobil Fun Park in (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) You think that's amazing, then check out the blue family car tht has been in the range since 1990. And the ambulance that has been around since 1988! And the Fire truck that is still living since 1990. And the garbage truck introduced in the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) Nice, Dan! Especially the roof (like the blue roof on your farm too). I also like the lattice windows on the ground floor done with lattice fence pieces - nice idea! Kevin (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) Speaking of the farm, I've been wondering about something. Does anyone know what you call that style of architecture with the black lines on white walls? It can be seen specifically here: (URL) on the cover of Bill and Mary's book (I've built (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) I've heard it called either cross-timbering or wattle & daub. I'm not sure which is the "correct" term - I suspect they are varients of the same thing. James (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I remember a friend who owned a Playmobil cannon haven't seen the cannon's since '87 (a guess but it's definitely before '90) so dunno if they changed the design. So the european version of the Playmobil cannon can shoot. A small cannon-ball (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

In lugnet.castle, Silas Pierrot writes: [part snipped] (...) I my place (and I think most parts of Holland) there was some kind of 'friendly' competition between Lego and Playmobil. You either was a Lego-fan or a Playmobil-fan but hardly a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

I've seen Playmobil in *some* Targets and a *few* TRUs. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) In N AMerica it's usually called "Tudor" (and of course there isn't any real Tudor, it's all mock Tudor". Growing up in the UK I always heard it called "half timbering". The (british) book I have about it calls it "Timber Framed" and says the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Tony Kilaras wrote in message ... (...) Just about every specialty toy store chain, i.e. the learning store, the children's store, etc will carry Playmobil. In addition Targets are converting their stores to carry Playmobil. I was in Denver last (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) mostly (...) a (...) a (...) support a (...) over (...) at a (...) Ask in Buy Sell Trade, you will get a response. Many trainheads have way too many (Larry P. always pipes up that he will sell one). Another (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact