 Castle / 7628
    working on sengoku jidai samurai battles and... —Chris Barker
   Hi, I'm working on some rather large scale battles (in lego of course) set in Japan in the 1500s. I've managed to accumulate the required numbers of minifigs (ashigaru, yari ashigaru, teppo ashigaru, archers, cavalry, etc) but I have a problem. As (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: working on sengoku jidai samurai battles and... —Jeff Johnston
     (...) Well...there's the "space jetpack" piece from a while back. Unfortunately, it's not only hard to get ahold of but it also has a high-tech front. Might be good for space samurai, but that's about it. The only thing I can think of offhand is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: working on sengoku jidai samurai battles and... —Frederick Grondy
     (...) I've tried, with a fair amount of success, getting a very tiny drill bit and drilling a hole in the back of the 'samurai' armor piece and then inserting a lance w/banner into it. I've only done it twice and usually only use one in any single (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: working on sengoku jidai samurai battles and... —Mark Sandlin
     (...) I recommend using two very small rubber bands or some string, one at the neck, and one at the waist. Then you can just strap on the banner. HTH ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: working on sengoku jidai samurai battles and... —Brian Stuhan
     Well, you could always attach the flag with a small bit of tape, glue or putty. Brian (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: working on sengoku jidai samurai battles and... —Sun Yun
   (...) I'm really into it! Well, actually, mecha has diverted my attention for the time being. Before my current mecha kick I was on my way to building a strong army but alas the build up of forces has ceased. My samurai/ninja army stands at a little (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: working on sengoku jidai samurai battles and... —Chris Barker
   (...) <snip> (...) Are you doing a fantasy army or going for historical accuracy? Chris "still pondering how to attach sashimono" Barker chris@superfami.com (23 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)