 Castle / 7040
7039  |  7041
Subject:
Sword holders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 03:34:10 GMT

Someone mentioned sword holders as a possible new piece
from LEGO, but an idea made its way into my brain.  We
don't need plastic sword holders at all - we've got everything
we need, and it's Official LEGO, too!

The idea is simple: take some of the small rubberbands used
in so many LEGO sets - I've got some black ones that were
used on the suspension for the scorpion racer.  You can either
loop them twice around the waist of the minifig, or once
around the waist and then once over the shoulder.  The first
lets them carry a sword at their belt (I've got a samurai with
his daisho worn in the classic style using this) and the second
lets you sling it over the 'figs back.  Both methods look great.

Here's a pic, sorry about the flash glare:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura/sword.JPG

(To forestall any questions, the samurai is from the Mini
Heroes pack.  The wakizashi is a katana with a clipped-off
end.  The over-the-shoulder baldric looks just as good if
not better with the big chrome sword.)