 Castle / 7039
Re: brown Wolfpack shield.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:19:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Wesley Pauley writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:

richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.castle, John Carroll writes:
has anyone else seen this shield?

I have such a shield -- I don't know what it signifies though...

I've noticed that a lot of times, there's 'variants' of red-printed
pieces in a sort of reddish-brown color.  There's a bearded
head that I've got in both colors, among other things.

Just like the classic forestmen torso i have with a brown collar?
Was there ever a set back in the classic forestmen days when a set was
supposed to come with this?

-Wes

Brown collar now that is something that I would like.  I've never seen
anything like that.    The brown of my shield and other browns where reds
should be it may be an accidential double print of the red.  I worked for
two years as a screen printer. I can imagine that if the piece were not
propperly ejected from the holder and came to rest in the exact same
position a second coat would darken the color consideribally.  this would
definitlly explain my shield.  and could explain your forestman.  the red is
probablly fornmulated to look red when printed on light grey so when printed
on red I guess it looks brown.  course that is just a guess.  I was hoping I
had a secret promotional wolfpack shield.  heh.  Oh well I'll be on the
lookout for a forestman with a brown collar I want one of those now.

John