 Castle / 6978
6977  |  6979
Subject:
Chrome set opinions and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:27:22 GMT

Just put together 3 of the 4 chrome sets and I like 4817 Dungeon more
than I did from the box.  You get the 4 jewels, the fig and skelly,
the 4x12 base type brick, the wall section, the 'extra' helm on the
skelly :^) plus the few other small bits.  Would have preferred  a
sword here instead of the halberd tho.  Will buy more of these if I
come across them.

4818 Dragon Rider is about what I expected, the neat chrome helm with
some other stuff to sort thru, but I had no illusions about I only
bought it for the helm.  I will also buy just about every other one I
can for the helm also, need shiney helms :^)

4819 Rebel Chariot is the third one of these I have built, and I do
appreciate the lack of juniorization on the cart, there are few must
have pieces here unless you REALLY need the star wars cannon pieces,
it uses 2 of them as cart of the harness.  It DOES have a regular dark
gray sword (YEA!) but has a horse and no saddle :^(   That may not be
a downside for most people but I want a saddle for the horses I have
(cavalry).  Going to pretty much stick with the ones I have currently,
someone else can buy the rest of these :^)

I haven't yet opened or built 4817 yet but will post comments when I
do.

One other thing (the more) How many of you fellow castleheads out
there have picked up 3413 Goal Keeper?  I like the fig in this one
(especially with a shiney helm :^)  It has the same print as one of
the Fright Knights but on a blue torso.  Only downside is the big
number 1 on the back (hmm brasso is not very expensive.. no wait
that's heresy, but would be cool... ) for now I'd just have to cover
that up.  I only picked up one of these so far but might get a few
more if I find them on sale again tho.
Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)