 Castle / 8610
Re: Chrome set opinions and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:33:12 GMT

I finally ordered these from Shop-at-Home.  These are actually really good
sets.  I bet we will all be wondering why we didn't appreciate them more in
years to come.  I only got the Dragon and Cart (the only two chrome pieces I
don't have) and found out they are actually pretty cool.  My imagination
goes to opposing forces of Dragon Cavalry battling it out in the sky. (if I
had the money)  For now though the Dragon Rider is the leader with the
chrome sword and helm while the men on the cart try to keep up.

Just put together 3 of the 4 chrome sets and I like 4817 Dungeon more
than I did from the box.  You get the 4 jewels, the fig and skelly,
the 4x12 base type brick, the wall section, the 'extra' helm on the
skelly :^) plus the few other small bits.  Would have preferred  a
sword here instead of the halberd tho.  Will buy more of these if I
come across them.

4818 Dragon Rider is about what I expected, the neat chrome helm with
some other stuff to sort thru, but I had no illusions about I only
bought it for the helm.  I will also buy just about every other one I
can for the helm also, need shiney helms :^)

4819 Rebel Chariot is the third one of these I have built, and I do
appreciate the lack of juniorization on the cart, there are few must
have pieces here unless you REALLY need the star wars cannon pieces,
it uses 2 of them as cart of the harness.  It DOES have a regular dark
gray sword (YEA!) but has a horse and no saddle :^(   That may not be
a downside for most people but I want a saddle for the horses I have
(cavalry).  Going to pretty much stick with the ones I have currently,
someone else can buy the rest of these :^)

I haven't yet opened or built 4817 yet but will post comments when I
do.

One other thing (the more) How many of you fellow castleheads out
there have picked up 3413 Goal Keeper?  I like the fig in this one
(especially with a shiney helm :^)  It has the same print as one of
the Fright Knights but on a blue torso.  Only downside is the big
number 1 on the back (hmm brasso is not very expensive.. no wait
that's heresy, but would be cool... ) for now I'd just have to cover
that up.  I only picked up one of these so far but might get a few
more if I find them on sale again tho.
Mike