 Castle / 6815
Re: I've finally finished it.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 16:37:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Wilson Raska writes:
In a word, WOW!  I really don't know what else to say.  I love the hugeness
of it and how it looks so natural.  The waterfall is executed nicely and the
whole rock wall looks fantastic.  I would kill (well, maybe not kill) to
have that many BURPs.  I also like how the buildings are integrated in with
the rest of the model.  Excellent job, James.  Can we be expecting any
stories to go along with this masterpiece?

Heh.  It is a lot of BURPs, but there's even more bricks in it.  It's a good
way of doing a mountain side, but it really sucks up the bricks. :/

As to stories, well, sort of. ;)  There's two more chapters (at least) of the
history of the Blank Shields going up when the pics go up, and there may be
another Lego War this weekend to talk about (NALUG is coming by for a tour;)

Other than that, well, they're mercenaries, and part of Castleworld, so they
might turn up in other stories... I mean, *someone* out there must have a use
for 150 highly-trained soldiers, right? <grin>

James

Wilson

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
After two years of procrastination, Mercenary Headquarters is done.

A premliminary pic is here:
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/mhq/finished.jpg

with more to follow in the near future.  I've set aside some time next • weekend
for picture taking and showing off to NALUG.  Until I get those taken (and
sorted into a web page), here's some info...

Mercenary HQ, building footprints:

Keep: 72 studs across, 65 studs deep, 48 bricks tall.

Stable: 58 studs across, ~35 studs deep, 14 bricks tall.

Mess hall: 48 studs across, 36 studs deep, 20 bricks tall.

Overall size, including the box canyon it's set in: 160 studs wide, 202 studs
deep, and 56 bricks to the highest point.

No minifigs were harmed in the creation of this castle. :)

James