 Castle / 6263
    Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post —Kyle Peterson
   (...) Vikings weren't Normans until they settled in Normandy. It wasn't until @800 AD the Vikings truly started testing and attacking the Frankish borders. By @900AD the Vikings started to colonize northern France and it soon became Normandy. Before (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) I think we can safely say we have established that already. (...) Them darn Vikings were everywhere. Varangian guard for the Byzantines, tricking their way into Italian cities ("Urm, big place, must be Rome, let's sack it"), beseiging Paris, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)