 Castle / 6250 (+10)
  Re: To open, or not to open. That is the question.

(...) The blue bricks really do have a yellow cast to them, not a brownish cast. Another interesting difference is that they go together a lot tighter. I'm not sure the limit of how bad white LEGO can discolor, but it definitely can get the color of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Source for brown 1xn plates?

(...) Not that it will help since it's a large set, but 5987 Dino Research Compound has at least 8 brown 1x8 plates. It also has plenty of other brown bits. Frank (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Source for brown 1xn plates?

(...) Hi over there :-) I know that this is not the right place for announcements, but this could be a lucky coincidence for Christopher: I own the site (URL) , it's the german counterpart to AucZILLA. And I have just 5 sets of the #5987 Dino (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Source for brown 1xn plates?

(...) You got that right. Auction announcements certainly do not belong in the theme groups. (...) That's a nice selection. (...) announcements out of the .castle group (or any other non-auction group, for that matter). --Todd (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: DALU (Imitation LEGO)

(...) I know of just one Dalu castle... You can find some pictures of it at: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) from: I do agree that I don't think LEGO "placed" any of their castle themes within a certain time period or geographical location. But if they did.... I guess I'd have to say: Blue/Red shield crest knights: Who:Britons Where: Brittannia/South (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) Geez Kyle ... I just want to say that that's a very informative and historically fascinating post. It shines a new light on the little guys :) -- Pawel (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) The ancient "Britons" are Celts. The Romans simply conquered them - they didn't displace them with newcomers. (...) Vikings didn't use standard heraldry (unless you want to count the Normans, who were housebroken Vikings). They used round (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) Thanks Pawel! And I just wanted to reinforce to others that LEGO castle doesn't *need* to fit into any sort of geo or time-dependent criteria. Personally, it helps me to put historical facts to the medieval LEGO models and kingdoms I build. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) I will enthuiastically agree...Thanks for the contextual information...I have never been able to put my finger on the chronology...this analysis is very interesting/thoughtful. (...) I don't really follow the historical context...I guess my (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact