 Castle / 5515 (+20)
  A General Question About Castle World

Perhaps this question will seem silly but after visiting Castle World a few times I was wondering about the reason Castle World exists. Don't get me wrong it's a great site but my question is whether it serves as a place to display Castle creations (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Peasant House...Marc

<snip all the stuff about houses> (...) Franklin has a few models of barnyard animals, including sheep: (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?

(...) Interesting application of JarJar...I have considered integrating them into my Castle/fantasy story as benign amphibians or Sorceror's lizard stooges...due primarily to the minifig head (...) I found JarJarannoying in my first few viewings of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?

(...) I think you've pretty much nailed down why people who like Threepio don't like Jar Jar. 1) Threepio didn't talk in that ridiculous voice. Prissy, yes, baby-talk, no. 2) Threepio was at times a valuable asset to the adventure. 3) Threepio never (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?

I've tried this with Space figs, and they make darn fine aliens as well. Glad to see someone else thought of this. :^) ~Mark (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Here they are, Pics of my Tudor Houses

Well, Here they are as promised. They may take a bit to load up. They are the starters in my village called Trizeta. Website to be created very soon! (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here they are, Pics of my Tudor Houses

(...) EXCELLENT! Very cool... A great integration of colors... I love the interior shots of the town hall...the balcony and jovial customers are a nice touch...A rich environment. I think the stage compliments the setting very well. In trying to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A General Question About Castle World

I'll start from the end to the beginning, if you don't mind... (...) In one word; yes. In more words: CW was created for a few reasons. IIRC, it happened during and after Pawel was on a major story-and-building roll. His storyline, which wasn't a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: OK, this one's for Shiri...it's SURVEY TIME!!!

(...) 46 (...) Black Knights (...) No (...) Black Monarch's Castle, Skeleton Surprise, Guarded Inn (...) 725 Basic set (...) Knight's Stronghold (...) 30& (...) Serving Wench from Guarded Inn (...) Ed Boxer's Lego Castle (...) Yes, tons of them. Red (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  (canceled)

  Re: A General Question About Castle World

Okay, de-lurking to give you, My Deep Thoughts: The idea to collaborate is very interesting but very difficult to pull off successfully without some fantastic artistic chemistry. Most artist-types seem to have pretty healthy egos so I suspect the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?

(...) Try putting the knight armor on a Jar-Jar. Even if you don't think it make a good orc it sure does make a good castle oger,deamon, or whatever. I posted a few of my ideas here about a week ago. (URL)and JAR-JAR isn't a good replacement in my (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here they are, Pics of my Tudor Houses

(...) Thanks, John. That particular building (white and black) is the town hall. I guess some local entertainers (jesters) decided to make some quick gold by holding a quick display of antics and jokes. It seems they sure attracted a crowd! (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?

(...) serious (...) I think a simple explanation is: Threepio didn't like "adventure" while Jar-Jar was a "buffoon" Everyone can respect someone who simply demonstrates pacifism. (even though that was dangerous and naive at times, i.e. "surrender is (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Looking for pieces

Well hell, you people need to tell me these things. I may be a world famous lego author ;) but I just a newbie when it comes to lugnet. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: A General Question About Castle World

(...) hon! ~ especially nice answers!) have answered andy's question so well already, there's not much more i could add. even though Castle World isn't everybody's cup 'o tea, i do think we baladeers provide some amount of entertainment for those (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A General Question About Castle World

Shiri, binky, and Craig Well first off let me thank you all for your deep insights and thoughts on my questions. I appreciate you each taking the time (ecspecially Shiri and binky) to give me thoughtful and detailed answers. I have a much better (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  This is cool!

Hey Hey Hey, check this out! My site (URL) been linked as the awful link of the day on something awful dot com! nifty! (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A General Question About Castle World

(...) i'm more of a wolverine fan, esp. after seeing the movie! It seems that short term storyline cross-overs may be the best way to (...) eh, i don't think any fig can ever claim that prize. it infringes too much on the autonomy of individual (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: This is cool!

(...) What's really funny was that I was going through my daily routine of SomethingAwful.com and I saw this on the front page of lugnet... -Joe (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact