 Castle / 547
Re: More castle 2000 set comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:27:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Brown writes:
OK, with all the posts nitpicking the new sets, I though I'd add my .02
cents (making it like $3 laying around now...  :) ).

Ok, I'll see your $0.02, and call!

4806 - (Bull) Mini Siege wagon
  nothing too exciting, rather small, only 1 fig... But worth it if it's cheap
6026 - (RK2) Mini-tower w/king & soldier
  Depending on cost, this might be worth it... Also depends on how the new wall
  sections are. Most likely, I expect this is a skippable set, unless it's dirt
  cheap.
6032 - (Bull) Catapult
  New catapult bucket looks intreuging, as well as the inverse black arches.
  Again, only 1 fig :(
6091 - (RK2) The big castle
  Very cool looking. I don't like the decorated baseplate (it looks rather
  silly), but the hanging flags, the lion carvings, the princess, the stained
  glass window, the old-school light grey axes, the dark grey (I think) castle
  wall sections, the brown drawbridge, the extreme blue slopes, and door?(on
  the far right of the pic) will make it a definite buy. I just hope it's
  reasonably priced
6094 - (RK2) Jailhouse/Sword? house
  Actually, I like this set. the rounded window w/ lattice (and hopefully not
  just red like in 6097!) is enough for me to want it... plus it comes with two
  figs (1 from each 'team'), brown? "guns" (on the jailcell, as torches), the
  new lion carvings, the extreme light grey slopes, and of course the extreme
  blue corner slopes.
6095 - (RK2) Jousters w/ spinning target
  Definite potential. 3 figs, lion carvings, and old-style axes. Looks like it
  could be very worth it.
6096 - (Bull) Siege Weapons Arsonal
  Very impressive looking-- but very little in the way of "must have!". It's
  got 3 figs, so depending on cost, might be of worth... if those are indeed
  BLACK chains, that's a big plus... and again, it's got the new catapult
  bucket and inverse black arches
WAGON? (p 16) -
  Again, good potential.. I like the 1x6x2 arches in grey! I need more of
  those... hopefully (if it's even a set) it'll come with more than just 1
  minifig!

Overall:
  Good parts. Good figs. Not enough figs. Not NEARLY enough figs! Mini-fig
pack? PLEASE! Sets LOOK a lot better than the last load of Fright Knights...
and I'd say it's about even match (in terms of style) with Royal Knights. I'd
really like to see more large structures though, other than just the castle...
And as for the new tower pieces... bleah! 6 studs wide was narrow enough! Do we
REALLY want them to be 4 wide? NO! Anyway, my $.02... ($0.026 if you're in
Canada)

DaveE