 Castle / 5260 (+20)
  question..

Ahh, yes, Castle legos... What better medium for us kids at heart to build our dreams on a coffee table. However, I just wish the figures lent themselves more to realistic posing. In particular, I would like to know if anyone has found a way to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: question..

(...) Well, it's easy to make it appear that the sword is sheathed and the knight is "resting his hand on the pommel": Take the minifig, and be sure that the hand is in its "normal" position: C-shaped from above, curved edges down. Place the sword (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: question..

(...) I used to make swordbelts when I was younger. I would make a small loop of thread (enough to loop around, say, two 1x1 cylinder bricks). Separate the torso from the legs slightly and slip the thread in on the right side, looping around the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The World of Tanabry!

Hi Shiri, (...) Hehe thanks for the compliments! (...) Yes, the lake is made from raised baseplates. Most of the upper level is built on large green baseplates too. The advantage is not needing to use tiles, but these baseplates are much more flimsy (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

Hi, A few days ago, I introduced you all to Tanabry and Mount Greystone. But in that message, I also challenged you to see if you could determine the fate of Sir Marcus. However, nobody has really addressed this yet! So, I challenge you again, to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: question..

(...) their (...) The best way I have found, is just a small rubber band....simply wrap it round the waist of the minnifig....and push the sword...axe...anything really...under the band on the side....easy....!!! Kev...: ) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

In the picture below, the "off limits area" is uncovered. There appears to be a skeleton in armor laying next to some treasure chests. (URL) Thanks, Elliot (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

(...) Youch... doesn't he deserve proper burial, Bryan? ;-) -Shiri P.S. I constantly drop hints and forshadowings... it's more fun to wait a while and to see if someone figures it out by themselves until the moment you unravel it all. Meanwhile, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Survey: Which sets are useful for Casle building? (Was: Re: 7184 useful for castle!?)

(...) these (...) Which brings me to the basic question: which sets do you think are useful in building Castle? (Of course every LEGO set qualifies ;-)) Daan P.S.: thanks to John Robert Blaze Kanehl and Shiri Dori for answering my questions sofar (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

Sir Marcus Who Is That?!?!?!?!?!?! well all i know is that i vited tha site and look but problem was i didnt know who Sir Marcus is? (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Survey: Which sets are useful for Casle building? (Was: Re: 7184 useful for castle!?)

(...) Like you said - pretty much every set qualifies... I find the SW sets as awesome resources for castle parts and population. Town and trains are normally less helpful, but on occasion there are some cool pieces that come with them so it's worth (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

Hi Marcus, (...) Well, clicking on the "back to the main castle page" link brought me to this page, where I found the info about Sir Marcus... (URL)My name is Marcus but i dunno what ur talkin bout so plz give me more details That's a neat (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle design against seige craft

Howdy All, I am currently playing around with ideas for my first castle. In doing research (since I'm typically a space guy) I have found that seige craft (towers and rams) pose the greatest threat to a walled defense. (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle design against seige craft

Howdy All, I am currently playing around with ideas for my first castle. In doing research (since I'm typically a space guy) I have found that seige craft (towers and rams) pose the greatest threat to a walled defense. Since a moat is hard to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

Seeing the Marcus messages at lunchtime enticed me to look at this now! I never thought of putting clothing on skeletons.. hmm.. in my town there is a sidewalk construction crew uncovering (or is it hiding?) a skeleton (I made raised sidewalks like (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

(...) Hmm... I'd think that clothing would rot long before the body, OTOH armor would stay much longer. Brick Apple, BTW, is one of the best towns I've seen online. -Shiri (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

(...) You have a point. A construction-worker vest then. The old 80s kind, to be appropriate! (assuming it is a discovery, my friend thinks it's a burial!) Brick Apple is gorgeous--it's an inspiration. I think it was the mock-borough names over (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle design against seige craft

(...) use (...) Matt....have a look at this site: (URL) some Castles had sloping walls at the base of towers to stop such attacks.... also have a look at: (URL) castles just had a ditch all the way round... Well hope this helps you Kev... : ) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle design against seige craft

(...) I am working on a river (32x32 blue baseplates) and moat defenses on my current project (no pics yet due to space limitations) dragon teeth are designed to impede mass progress by infantry/cavalry and to hamper large vehicles/seige (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: question..

I've always been able to stick the blade of the sword in between the minifig's wrist and waist with a little effort. Of course his arm has to be almost straight down at his side, so he can't really do anything else with that hand. And he looks a lot (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact