 Castle / 5097
  My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

Well, after repeatedly and explicitly stating that interiors were my favorite part of building, I had to go and make some *stuff*. And there was my chance, right in front of my eyes - Rose and Daphne's cabin. It can be simplistic on the outside, I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) Hey, cool little cabin, looks very homey. I agree, that piece worked great for a corner table. One question though, what's that wheel thing with the translucent dots on it in Daphne's room used for? Also, I noticed that the 1x2 technic brick (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) Thanks! (...) <grin> I knew that would come up sometime. Think about it... re-read Daphne's Decision... think about it s'more... the meaning will connect eventually. About its use, well, that's doubtful. It's there more for looks than for (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) OMG, that corner table is something I've never seen before in LEGO models! Perfect! So that's a 4x4 space-style wing plate, attached at the 1x3 area? (URL) gotta say, that corner table is painful to look at -- because I wish I'd known about (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) Wow! someone has been quite busy = ) I agree, the corner table is quite a design contribution...the only time I used them recently was to make a control panel for a Lego Tartis...generally, I have too many of those pieces, but I let mine sit (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

I wonder how many times Shiri rebuilt the walls to get it just right? Neato... (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) the (...) cabin. (...) wouldn't (...) Or how about a couple of 1x4 hinge bricks on one side? Any particular reason you wanted to use technic pegs? ~Mark (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) Yeah, actually there is a reason I wanted to use technic pegs... It's a technique I haven't tried before, and I wanted to experiment before. I've used 1x4/2x2 hinges numerous times, but after seeing the technique pegs used so effectively (both (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) Yep, that's the one!! (...) I must say I don't even know how the idea came to me. I'd like to say it was a work of many hours of thought <grin> but actually, I was just trying to make a table, the piece happened to pop up in front of me, and I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) I never actually rebuilt the walls... just twice took out one big piece to put in a design element (the 6-wheel and the picture in Rose's room) and I'll be doing that one more time (don't tell - but I forgot to put a 6-wheel in Rose's room! (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My splurge of interior design, or: Daphne and Rose's cabin

(...) technique pegs (...) OK. I've seen pegs used for utility on large buildings, but I just wondered why you used them on a small wall. :^) ~Mark (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)