 Castle / 5022
Re: Pictures of my Unfinished Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:31:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John D. Forinash writes:
I'd posted a couple weeks back at the beginning of summer term about my
Unfinished Castle that I'd gotten some time to work on, and having borrowed
my brother's geek camera, I took some pictures of it.

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/foxtrot/castle.html

People on slow connections beware, there's a half dozen 1024x768ish images
on that page-- I'll eventually thumbnail 'em and link in the full-size
picture from the thumbnail, but that hasn't happened yet.

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <

It took awhile to load, but it was worth the wait = )

I recently ponderd a similar color scheme for an asian style building...I
think the white w/ green trim is a good idea...definitely not the usual gray
+ black, etc.

I think layered plates or tiles might off set the blocky look of the
waterfall...or perhaps clever integration of slopes?

I have seem alot of experimentation with waterfalls, but I have not tryed to
build one yet...I commend all who do...I recently received one of those tan
plates w/ the river graphic (wild west indian set?) and wondered how I could
integrate it w/ my planned stuctures...a waterfall is logical.

I am planning a much larger version of my original fortress from 2 years ago
...my ambitions are so lofty now, I had to modularize my design so I
wouldn't get frustrated at the lack of progress and trash the whole thing.
Rotate your focus, Wizard's house, curtain wall, waterfall, etc.

I think your last picture gives a general idea of the scope...heck I think
you should pose some minifigs around it and say

  "And so the wizard and his companions finally arrived at their
destination...A long forgotten Fortress of legendary beauty, ravaged by time.'

(basically a medieval real estate listing for a fixer-upper = )

I recommend you save the early pics....when you hit that break through and
end up building all night (it's nice to look back to see how far you have come)

                      John