 Castle / 4292
    Re: Novice Castle Question —Chris Maddison
   (...) The apron you refer to is called a Horse Trapping. The hood is called a barding. -Chris (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Novice Castle Question —Bianca Nebab
   For a long time, I called those pieces "dressing" until a horse-person corrected me with an unnecessary salad comment. Oops! Here is the explanation she gave me as I remember it: Any piece that is used as armor is a "bard" ("barding" collectively). (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)