 Castle / 4276
Re: Best SW set for Castle purposes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:39:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
A lot of people use the SW sets to augment their Castle stuff - and I, of
course, do the same.  I was curious what people thought the *best* SW set was,
not as a SW set, but as a purchase for your Castle stuff.  "Best" could be
defined however you want it to be - personally, I think of it as 'best price
for the most useful parts'.

I've purchased several "B-Wing at Rebel Base" sets (set number???) to augment
my Castle parts.  I don't have the specifics in front of me, but for about $30
you get somewhere around 330 pieces, including: (if my memory serves me
correctly)
+  Lots of 1x2 inverse grey slopes - excellent for adding dental mouldings
(for lack of the actual castle terminology)
+  A few arches of various sizes
+  Grey plate!
+  A couple of good 'figs (although I only use them for their heads!)
+  Grey, grey, grey...

Overall, not a lot of chaff in this set.  Although I do have quite the
junkpile of red Artoo units going...