 Castle / 398
Re: Whatever happened to castle Datville?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:41:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
Now that I just wrote the message for the adventurers group, I'm curious-- was
there ever any more initiative taken towards a castle Datville? Jon Wilson? I
seem to remember you had wanted to direct it? Maybe someone else wants to? Or
am I quietly missing something that's ongoing in the CAD newsgroup?

I think it died due to lack of <fill in the blank>

We had lots of enthusiasm, and lots of great ideas, but we lacked a site,
someone willing to put in the CAD expertise (I think?), and final decision on
what would get done.

As I recall, some of the ideas that got raised were:

Building multiple castles,
Building one (or two) castles with a town surrounding,
Everyone contributing a part of a castle (one floor being most likely, but
other possibilities like a tower, or a gatehouse or an inside building)
One person starts with a small keep, and each contributor keeps building on to
it, sort of a time-elapsed castle evolution.

I think there were some more ideas, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/