 Castle / 3307
3306  |  3308
Subject:
A WALL OF ANOTHER COLOR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 00:38:01 GMT

   In a thread a few weeks ago Eric Brouwer talked about using yellow for
castle walls.  That got me to thinking, would yellow realy be unrealistic? I
think not and here is why.

  First a bit of backround.  I work for a landscaping company and one of the
many things we do besides planting trees is build stone walls.  Specificly
retaining and free standing walls.  While not exactly castle walls they do give
me a bit of insight on the matter.  What does this have to do with a yellow
castle?  Well we use a wide veriety of collored stone.  Every thing from a
yellowish tan feildstone to blue limestone with streaks of white runing through
it.  Red stone also shows from time to time.  This makes the idea of yellow
castle walls or most any color not that far faetched.  Simply claim in your
backstory that the color of stone quaried for your wall is native to the area
in witch your story takes place. You could even cme up with a tale about why
the stone is colored.  Magical properies perhaps?

    I got to thinking about this again today when i saw Shiri Dori's inn and
read about her desire to add more color to it.  Great start by the way.

    Cale