 Castle / 2741
2740  |  2742
Subject:
Yet more pics of the ever growing city
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:50:25 GMT

Well, my most recent collection of new pics is available at:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/walledtown.html
Check it out! There's now 9 houses, a grey stone building with red trim, 3
little market tents, and part of a city wall!

It's really hard to tell, but there's a portcullis about 6 studs in front of
the two x-large brown doors on the gatehouse, that works on a chain mechanism
with a knob on the back to raise and lower the portcullis.  I would've liked to
steal the ship's steering wheel idea for the knob (compliments to Pawel, I
think?), and put it on the roof (or somewhere accessable, yet plausible), but
unfortunately, with no pirate ships, I didn't have the steering wheel piece,
and nothing else looked quite to my liking...

It's also got two hidden levels inside, making it have 4 stories (including the
roof and ground floor). There's a stairway going from the 2nd to 3rd floor, and
from the 3rd floor to the roof, but none going from ground to 2nd floor.
(That'll be along the outer wall, when those get completed)

Anyway, it continues to be a work in progress... There's also some pictures of
the "completed" water powered mill... but while the BUILDING is complete, the
landscape isn't... that was the one problem I was facing with it-- in order to
make the waterwheel sink down into the stream, I had to build up the land
surrounding it to allow for the sunken stream... which of course means building
up ALL the land-- so I kinda cheated and put it on a little 'rise' in the land,
which still needs to be completed, thanks to my lack of time and green
bricks... but now I'm still wondering how to put it into the scene. Not as easy
to put it into a walled city as just out behind a village :)

At any rate, LMKWYT and if you've got any further suggestions-- :)

DaveE