 Castle / 21394
  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) Well done. Your castle has a really great look and feel to it, and your attention to detail is fantastic. I'm not really a fan of the curved walls, but it's nothing you've done. I'm just not a fan of the 1x2 and 1x1 round brick combination, it (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) My MOC was much smaller and used the combination of 1x1 rounds with 1x3 bricks to make a curved wall. John, was there a reason you chose the 1x2 bricks over the 1X3? (I would ask at the next VicLUG meeting but I thought others might like to (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) Thanks Tony! (...) I somewhat agree, but I'm yet to find a technique that lets you do round portions of that size while keeping them "solid" looking. It's also very parts intensive - On 4 of the towers, easy layer uses 10 1x2's and 10 1x1 (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) There's several reasons I chose them, but the most important is that they give a much tighter curve than 1x3's. They also give a less "regular" appearance than 1x3 construction, where each round is aligned above or below each other. Finally, I (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Stoneguard Hold

(...) 1x2 plates and 1x1 round plates would give you a more solid look, but at greater cost and weight. (...) Perhaps something like Kevin Blocksidge's (URL) onion dome> could be adapted to make a rounded roof. But really, those are nits. It's a (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)