 Castle / 21409
Re: Stoneguard Hold
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:45:46 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ted Godwin wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote:
   I’m not really a fan of the curved walls, but it’s nothing you’ve done. I’m just not a fan of the 1x2 and 1x1 round brick combination

My MOC was much smaller and used the combination of 1x1 rounds with 1x3 bricks to make a curved wall.

John, was there a reason you chose the 1x2 bricks over the 1X3?

There’s several reasons I chose them, but the most important is that they give a much tighter curve than 1x3’s. They also give a less “regular” appearance than 1x3 construction, where each round is aligned above or below each other. Finally, I already have a fairly large supply of 1x2’s, while my collection of 1x3’s is relatively small.

   (I would ask at the next VicLUG meeting but I thought others might like to know.)

When is there going to be another VicLUG meeting?! You’re just going to have to come and visit and get your stuff back.

-John L.