 Castle / 21309
Re: Its a Completely New Castle (was Re: Legend set of Royal Knight's Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:48:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   Compare the new 10176 with the original 6090. Clearly the new castle was merely inspired by the original. I am surprised S@H is even making the comparison.

Yeah, it’s like they took 6090 and 6091/6098 and built some kind of combo castle with them. Comparing them is like saying that 6062 is a re-release of 6061. Same general idea, same general design, but made to be prettier and be more action-packed.

   The new one actually looks much better from a design stand point.

I admit it *looks* nicer than the original 6090 or 6091/6098, but it looks way too POOP-y to me. At least the piece count’s not as atrocious as 6091/6098. Hopefully it’s not as bad as I fear, but a re-release of 6080 would’ve been far more welcome! Hm. Is there anything stopping them from doing a 6080 re-release? Looks like everything iffy was last released as of 2002 or later. Guess it must be too complicated of a build for the target castle audience.

DaveE