 Castle / 21285 (-20)
  Updates to www.minifig.co.uk - New Vikings MOCs

I've got around to updating my site finally. If you head over to (URL) you can my new (and some not so new) Viking mocs. Some of them have been on Brickshelf for a little while, some are new. Shortly before the Viking range came out I quite fancied (...) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Viking Longship

Excellent work Mr. Richie, now all you need is a port to sack and women to haul away. -Keith (It's all about the plunder) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

In lugnet.pirates, Suzanne Rich wrote: <SNIP> (...) Agreed! I have to chuckle, too, as I've got a half completed rework of my own long ship sitting on my work bench. I hope to complete this week to also share. SNIP (...) The set's scale is close, (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) SNIP (...) Well done, Richie! It looks great with all those oars. My own longship project is limited to 4 oars per side because..it's all I have. :) (...) They look great; I'd love to pick up a couple more copies of this set to fill out my (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) All the references that I've seen have awnings like that used whilst at anchor... there are probably exceptions, though. The awning would be in the way for any sailhandling, and I wonder if the arm wasn't used to support the ridge of the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Stupid question - why not? Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  More information about viking ships (Was: Viking Longship)

(...) (URL) well, Jacob PS: Any chance we'll get a "lugnet.vikings" group? (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Here are some links for more info: Intact viking ship with data and links to other ships (Swedish site): (URL) (new and ancient) and pictures of newly made ships (also in Swedish, with part ot the text in english): (URL) collection with many (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Fabulous! This is funny timing because I'm in the middle of researching Viking ships now for a BrikWars game. (In fact, If you could recommend good links to Viking info online, I'd really appreciate it.) (...) [snip] Really? cool. I was (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Thanks, Mark! I've done a few vessels with real cloth sails, and I have to say that the paper is better looking, easier to work with, and holds its shape better. (...) Absolutely! Probably not while under sail though. ;-) Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) snip (...) Nice! And the parchment paper is a great idea... I'm already stealing one of your tricks for a boat I'm working on, and this makes two. One of those (URL) striped canopies> would look good - are those historically accurate? Marc (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Viking Longship

Ahoy pirate fans and well met castle fans, The Vikings sets are vool, but after visiting the Vikings Exhibition at the Australian National Maritime Museum in January, I decided to experiment with building some more accurate (after a fashion), viking (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  BrickFest 2006 Planning Thread

(...) I accidentally posted my follow up as the post subject. Do not hesitate to contact Cyndi or I if you have any questions. Similar threads will also be posted on Classic-Castle.com and LEGOfan.org. Ben (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  lugnet.castle

(URL) Cynthia Bradham and I are the Castle Room Coordinators for BrickFest 2006. We are planning sessions for each day. Please give us your feedback. Set up and staffing meeting: Castle fans meet to finalize the display and discuss staffing of the (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Hinge 1x2 top and SNOT

(...) this is a real neat technique and thanks for sharing and exploring it Didier and everyone else! I had an opportunity to apply try out some dsnot, had to make a couple of service droids, here is the dsnot one: (URL) droid is that small as it (...) (18 years ago, 9-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: KKIII close up pics of shields and armors

(...) showing through under a surcoat or possibly plate armour. That would make sense on a torso, but it seems kinda strange on a piece that already represents plate armour. (...) I like the mix of the three printable types of shields (which I (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.castle)

  KKIII close up pics of shields and armors

Hi, Any castle fan waiting for these sets to arrive - no need to wait longer, here are some good pics of some of the new armors and shields. Much better than what we have seen in the previous sets in my opinion: Armors: (URL) of above is (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Hinge 1x2 top and SNOT

(...) This could create curves, arches or wheels by introducing angling on the sides. Using a technic plate at an angle, this is usable for stair steps. (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Hinge 1x2 top and SNOT

Mr. Enjary, Excellent! I can’t wait to get home and play with this idea. I have a lot of these hinge heads lying around. There are quite a few possible applications going through my mind right now. Thanks for the inspiration! Attack! Mike (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Hinge 1x2 top and SNOT

(...) cool idea! this could be very usefull in many themes. i look forward to trying it out on a new building. thanks for the tip and happy building, ondrew (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact